Re: GCC 4.1 Status Report (2005-05-04)

Dorit Naishlos wrote:

GCC 4.1 is going rather well thus far.

Technically, Stage 1 ended on April 25th, though I failed to announce
that.  There are a few stage 1 tasks that have not made it in yet,
according to the Wiki:

# Autovectorization Enhancements
Items 1.4, 2.1, 2.3 (1.3)

Items 1.4 and 2.3 are in, right Devang?

Thanks, I see that's now bee updated on the Wiki by some kind soul.
I also realized I left out part of Item 1.3 -
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-03/msg01285.html:
"(2) Generate better code when different accesses are known to have the
same
misalignment, even if the misalignment amount itself is unknown.  This part
is deferred to stage 1.3 as it depends on:
[item 1.4] Consider dependence distance in the vectorizer (Devang)"
By the time Item 1.4 went in I totally forgot about this (sorry!). I think
this bit is also appropriate for stage 2 - it's really far from being a
major change. I'll be away for the next two weeks, Keith may submit it as
he may need this bit for Item 2.1 (versioning for alignment).

I agree, this can be part of Stage 2.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell