Re: Backporting to 4_0 the latest friend bits

On Apr 29, 2005, at 3:40 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:

Hi Kriang and Mark,

I know that, technically, we are not talking about regressions wrt 3.x, still, important packages that used to compile and, well, apparently at least, *work* well, now don't even compile (see c++/19403, c++/21235, many others linked from there). Would be a big deal having more of Kriang's recent work in 4_0 too, or is there something else that you can suggest?

As I wrote in those bugs and Kriang has too. That we were friending the wrong class
pre 4.0.0, now in 4.0.0 we declare a class which should not be there.
In 4.1.0 we do every thing correctly. Even if the patches in the mainline were
backported the code in those projects still have to change to get the behavior which
they were expecting.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski