Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

If you can include the preprocessed file and profiler output from cc1
running on your system, there is a chance that this can be addressed.

GCC comes with a test suite and a means for submitting results. May I suggest that it might be useful to have a timing suite built similarly, so people can do this kind of thing really easily? Maybe someone can tell us if it is too big a job to create such a tool portably? I think having it running during stage3 would yield useful results for comparisons. A tool that came with GCC would ensure the data was in a useful format, and that tests were performed consistently.

Hugh