Re: Merging stmt_ann_d into tree_statement_list_node

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 20:32, Kazu Hirata wrote:
> Hi Adnrew,

> This looks like a better approach.  How would we do your step 1?  We
> have var_ann and tree_ann in addition to stmt_ann.  Shall we put a
> type field at the beginning of tree_statement_list_node+stmt_ann_d so
> that an annotation node can identify itself?  (Since all these tree
> annotations already have a field for annotation type, it's more like
> appending tree_statement_list_node to stmt_ann_d.)

thats one option. Simply make the stmt_ann node the first thing in the
tree_statement_list_node, and then it does look exactly like appending
tree_statement_list_node to stmt_ann_d. Then the fields for GTY should
all work out ok, and it is minimum impact.  There doesn't appear to be
any ordering implied in the tree_statement_list_node.

 Improvements could be made later once that is working when someone
wants to figure out the vagarities of var_ann vs the stmt list node.

Andrew