Re: GCC 4.0 RC2 Available

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Joe Buck wrote:

> It appears the bug is because there's a libiconv.so in /usr/local/lib on
> that machine, with headers in /usr/local/include, but /usr/local/lib isn't
> in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  configure finds the declaration and assumes it
> can call the function.  Sorry, I do most of my work in GNU/Linux these
> days so my Solaris setup has rotted. I'll try that one again with a
> proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

The iconv bugs are 7881, 10657, 12596, 18303.  I think the documentation
will need to have soemthing added about LD_LIBRARY_PATH for libiconv,
while 18303 is the one to fix first in order to get the configuration
right; it may be necessary to determine whether the header is system
iconv.h or from GNU libiconv, and likewise for the library (-liconv ought
to be GNU libiconv while no special library means using libc) and take
care to avoid getting GNU iconv.h but libc iconv or GNU libiconv but libc
iconv.h (the include and linker search paths used in configuration may not
be consistent if --with-libiconv-prefix hasn't been used).

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)