Re: [RFC] warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type

On Apr 18, 2005, at 9:22 PM, Eric Christopher wrote:

Though of course, this doesn't mean that we can't have an option to
control it.  -Wno-cast-qual doesn't seem like the right choice, as
there is no user cast here.  Maybe something like -Wno-discard-
qual, where -Wdiscard-qual is the default.

I notice that these are pedwarns,

In that case, we can enable it only when -pedantic is used (like many pedwarns) ?

You could, but in this case it's probably best to fix the code...

One can say this for most of the pedwarns :). I agree with you, but customer
is complaining that he is getting 55000+ such warnings.

-
Devang