Re: -finstrument-functions and C++ exceptions

On Apr 13, 2005, at 10:06 AM, Chris Kirby wrote:

We are trying to use -finstrument-functions to do some custom profiling on x86 and ppc.

For normal code execution, it works fine, calling our entry and exit methods as expected.

Unfortunately, we are running into problems related to exceptions. If we exit a function because of an exception, no exit method is called. This greatly diminishes the usefulness of the instrumentation since we are no longer guaranteed to get matching entry and exit calls.

It works the way you want to for the 4.0 release.

-- Pinski