Re: Major bootstrap time regression on March 30

Steven Bosscher wrote:
We have a bootstrap time regression since March 30.  Bootstrap times
on Diego Novillo's SPEC box went up from (an already high)  5500s to
almost 8000s

I tried looking at this, but I haven't been able to find any bootstrap time regressions. I've got a mainline tree checked out with -D2005-03-29 and one checked out with -D2005-04-01. When I bootstrap them, they take the same amount of time to build.

Is it possible that something changed on Diego's machine? Such as a new binutils, or a new kernel, etc?

Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong dates? You said between March 30 and March 31, so I figured Mar 29 and Apr 1 would be good enough to reproduce it.