Re: RFC: #pragma optimization_level

On Apr 1, 2005 9:36 PM, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> Diego Novillo wrote:

> >>I'm not sure that I *could* block it, but, no, I don't feel that negatively.
> >>

> > I don't mind either way.  But I do have a question, what's the
> > granularity of this #pragma?  Function-level, I hope?
>
> That's what I assumed.  Anything finer than that is insane. :-)

Well, if we're inventing something that can annotate functions we may as
well invent it in a way that it can be extended to handle statement
annotations.  Just like for

   for (;;)
#pragma inline
      foo();

I guess all this (annotating) would fit nicely with the gOMP project, so
maybe coordinating the #pragma parsing and storing of the annotation
with them would be a good idea.

Richard.