Re: i want to connect gcc's front-end to my'back-end

a) what makes your backend different from gcc's backend so it is worth
porting it?

하태준 schrieb:
> sorry, my english is not good,
>
> Umm...
>
> my project is that Connect to Gcc's front-end and My back-end
>
> first gcc parse sorce code

there is an IR created while parsing which is simply called "Trees" and
is documented here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Trees.html#Trees

this is probably what you want.
start gdb debugger, break at function cp_finish_file and write "display
debug_tree(global_namespace)".
you should see a dump of the global namespace.

> my back-end has own IR that's based on C++.
>
> and, my back-end has connect EDG's Front-end
>
> EDG's Front-end parse sorce program and make EDG's IR
>
> and EDG's IR translate our IR and our IR make a assemble code
>
> my project is change EDG's front-end to GCC's front-end because GPL

expect some work to do. gcc does some transformations while parsing
already, e.g. when calling virtual functions

--
Stefan Strasser