Re: Copyright status of example code in Bugzilla - how to deal withwhen writing testcases.

Daniel Berlin wrote:

I think we should just keep on doing what we do, which is produce small
minimized testcases that are well within the "de minimis" limits for
copyright, or even if they aren't, the tests don't actually do anything
useful from a program perspective.
The number of questionable testcases we get is small enough that taking
this approach, and handling outliers on a case by case basis seems
correct to me.

Well, yes, that was the question behind my question. In this case we might get 0(100) testcases that each are within the "de minimis" doctrine.

The question is: is the total of these testcases (from one source) within that limit ...

Cheers,

[ Understanding of the doctrine of "de minimis" is courtesy Groklaw -
  for the rest I'm just a meteorologist - I don't even play a lawyer
  on TV ]

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/