Re: GCC 4.0 Status Report (2005-03-24)

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 11:29:09AM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> 17855 ICE on C code that modifies call return values
>
>   RTH and Joseph looked at this; no fix yet.

I'm not sure why this is marked as ice-on-valid; the construct in
question has undefined behaviour.

> 20342 ICE in reload w/ SSE/MMX
>
>   RTH, is this related to your vector changes?

Not sure; havn't looked at it yet.

> 20519 ICE-on-valid for typeof
>
>   Joseph and RTH have analyzed the problem.  Who's going to fix it?

I've been working on this one.  I think the C++ front end has a
similar problem.  I've been iterating toward a common solution;
I don't think it'll take too much longer.

> 19255 EH bug on IA32 when using heavy optimization
>
>   We don't know what the design is supposed to be more this case; I've
>   asked RTH for feedback.

Typo in pr number?

> 20442 Problem with setjmp/longjmp mixed with EH on sjlj platforms
>
>   I've asked RTH about this.

I'll have to build a toolchain and debug it.  Nothing leaps out
at me as to what may be wrong.

> 20524 Problem with new .alias stuff on ARM, et. al.
>
>   RTH is presumably on the case.

Next on the list.

r~