Re: PR 19893 & array_ref bug

Joe Buck wrote:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 04:42:03PM -0800, Steve Ellcey wrote:

The simplest solution would probably be to ignore __aligned__ attributes
completely when we have an array.  Or to do the change you suggested for
the vector tests and have the attribute attached to the array and not
the element type.

Another possibility is to treat the alignment attribute as applying to the
array as a whole (that is, the array is aligned to a multiple of 16 bytes,
but the elements aren't), perhaps with a warning that this use is
deprecated.  I propose this because the tests suggest that this use is
common enough that it appears in tests.

If there is a lot of code out there that does this, that might indeed be necessary, ugly though it would be.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC