Re: PR 19893 & array_ref bug

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 04:42:03PM -0800, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> The simplest solution would probably be to ignore __aligned__ attributes
> completely when we have an array.  Or to do the change you suggested for
> the vector tests and have the attribute attached to the array and not
> the element type.

Another possibility is to treat the alignment attribute as applying to the
array as a whole (that is, the array is aligned to a multiple of 16 bytes,
but the elements aren't), perhaps with a warning that this use is
deprecated.  I propose this because the tests suggest that this use is
common enough that it appears in tests.