Re: Merging calls to `abort'

On Mar 14, 2005, at 10:30 AM, Joe Buck wrote:
Steven Bosscher <stevenb@suse.de> wrote:

system.h:#define abort() fancy_abort (__FILE__, __LINE__, __FUNCTION__)

I agree that this is the best technical solution, even if cross-jumping
were not an issue.

This invokes undefined behavior in a program that includes <stdlib.h>, which some would consider a good reason not to prefer it.

I believe the cross-jumping should definitely be done with -Os; the optimization
makes a useful contribution to reducing code size, which the user has told us
is important to him. Other than that, I don't care much. (I have debugged
problems where the debugger was showing me the wrong abort call, and
this was annoying, but not something I couldn't deal with. Typically you
just have to stop on the right call to the function that's calling abort.)