Re: PR debug/19345

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Jason Merrill wrote:

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:28:44 -0500, Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> wrote:

However, according to Jakub,
"
TYPE_NAME (TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT (origin)) on that testcase is NULL, so it
doesn't help match."

...which is why we still need TYPE_STUB_DECL. It seems to be the only way we can reliably find a decl for a RECORD_TYPE. Except that in this testcase we can't.

Since this was our proposed solution, i think the only option we have at
this point is to remove the type = TYPE_STUB_DECL (type) line, and just
ignore TYPE_STUB_DECL.

No, that would completely break that piece of code, which is trying to find the right function to force out.

Sigh.

Either that, or someone needs to fix the "real underlying bug" here, if
we can figure out what that is.

I think the real bug is that TYPE_STUB_DECL isn't being set for the RECORD_TYPE.

Hmmm.
I don't know when i'll have time to try to figure out why this is the case.

BTW, why isn't this cc'd to a mailing list?

Accident. I thought i did. It is now.

Jason