Re: [OT] __builtin_cpow((0,0),(0,0))

Duncan Sands wrote:
Hi Robert,

Well if you tell me there are people about there implementing cpow
with log and exp, that's enough for me to decide that Ada should
continue to stay away (the Ada RM has accuracy requirements that
would preclude a broken implementation of this kind) :-)

the reference manual allows for a "relaxed mode", which doesn't have
those accuracy requirements.  I guess -ffast-math and the use of
builtins would be appropriate in the relaxed mode.  Do you plan to
implement such a mode one day?

Just curious.

All the best,

Duncan.

No plans, but also note that the use of log/exp for ** besides being horribly inaccurate, is also inefficient. Fast accurate math is achievable, we don't see a need for a relaxed mode.