Re: Solaris gcc 4.0.0 static linking of libgcc.a

thanks for your fast answer,

I must admit that my first description of the problem was a bit outdated,
but I will give you some more information: I first tried the
gcc-4.0-10012005 snapshot, together with the -fno-exceptions flag, and there
was no dynamic linking of libgcc_s.so necessary. gcc-3.4.3 works in the same
way, no dynamic linking necessary. With the newest snapshot gcc-4.0-07032005
there is dynamic linking necessary. The code is written in C++, but there is
no exception handling.

I know I should use -static-libgcc/-shared-libgcc, but there were some
resons why I didn't use it, which I can't remember now, but I will try.

I do just a new installation of gcc-4.0-10012005 to verify the behaviour,
this will last some time, unfortunately.

kind regards,
Roland Lengfeldner

--
SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms