Re: SVN Repo updated (please look)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> I actually turned this off on purpose to match what we do now.
> You can tell it to suppress adds and delete diffs, we can add diff limits,
> etc.
> Unlike our current ad-hoc scripts, mailer.py is very easy to modify.

I think matching what we do now is quite correct for the initial
conversion.  gcc-svn-patches should be a separate list from the present
gcc-cvs rather than suddenly starting to send much larger messages to the
gcc-cvs subscribers.  I don't think gcc-svn-patches needs to have any
message size limit (or if it does it should be very large, e.g. 50MB)
though it might be worth considering sending diffs more than say 1MB as
compressed attachments if that's reasonably simple to do.  But we can
refine gcc-svn-patches later, including such things as attaching binary
files for which we can't send diffs and attaching diffs for non-UTF-8
files (some message catalogs and testcases) to avoid problems with
messages claiming to be in UTF-8 which aren't.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)