Re: SVN Repo updated (please look)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Daniel Berlin wrote:

mailer.conf needs a bit more configuration to get all the right messages
to the right mailing lists, but that's trivial.

(And to ensure that the messages have the right sender address, i.e. username@gcc.gnu.org (not @sourceware.org).)

I notice the facility to send diffs, so after conversion to SVN fixing bug
1634 (request for gcc-cvs-patches list) will be trivial.  (I'd suggest not
doing this until the conversion is live and working, as this is a new
feature and so not needed for the conversion.  As I understand the script
for generating diffs it won't include the content of a file being copied
with no changes, so it should be safe to configure it to send diffs for
all of add, copy, modify and delete without generating excessively large
diffs for routine tag/branch operations.)

I actually turned this off on purpose to match what we do now.
You can tell it to suppress adds and delete diffs, we can add diff limits, etc.
Unlike our current ad-hoc scripts, mailer.py is very easy to modify.

--Dan