Re: Pascal front-end integration

Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> Patches need testing - but presumably GPC patches are already tested (and
> bootstrap isn't required for non-C-front-end changes).
>
> Patches need testcases in the testsuite if possible - but GPC already
> seems to have a thorough testsuite, though I don't know if every patch
> gets a test or tests added there if possible.

Usually we write tests for each change now. (In the past it was
different, so not all aspects of the compiler are covered by the
testsuite yet, but new changes should be.) In addition, we add bug
reports we receive and interesting cases we stumble upon ...

> Patches need documentation to be updated if applicable - but GPC already
> has documentation which I presume is being kept up to date.

Almost the same situation -- the documentation itself is not
complete, but for new features we add at least minimal documentation
(while slowly trying to fill the existing gaps).

Frank

--
Frank Heckenbach, frank@g-n-u.de
http://fjf.gnu.de/