Re: Major regression on mainline

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:24:58 -0800, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> Bad news.  The problem is still present in HEAD, ie., source from
> 3 hours ago.   Even worse news is cutting down the BLAS test
> program can be a chore.  I'll see what I can do.
>
> To be clear, gfortran works fine with -D '2005-02-12 22:30' sources,
> which excludes the above commit.  The -D '2005-02-12 22:45' sources
> include the above commit and gfortran has a serious regression.  You
> reverted the entire commit, then re-applied what portion of the
> commit?  ChangeLog does not reflect any of these manipulations
> with any kind of accurate date.

Yes, I just added a [reverted temporarily] note to the ChangeLog entry.  I
reapplied the portion marked c++/16405, which doesn't have the [reverted]
note on it.

I suspect that the problem is that the transformations fold_indirect_ref_1
is doing on arrays don't mix well with how fortran handles arrays.  Could
someone familiar with the fortran frontend take a look at that function?

Jason