Re: Major regression on mainline

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:14:35PM -0500, Jason Merrill wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:13:09 -0800, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> >> I reverted this change shortly after the commit.  Have you tested again
> >> with updated sources?
> >>
> >> I plan to commit a corrected version today.
> >
> > I noticed the problem early yesterday morning and have since been
> > trying to determine the (quilty) commit.  A binary search and
> > make bootstrap can be a length process :-)  I'll update to HEAD
> > and see what happens.  Thanks for the note.
>
> If it was still broken yesterday morning, it wouldn't have been the above
> change, as I reverted it on Sunday.  That leaves the fold_indirect_ref
> changes, which I reapplied on Monday.
>
> Those changes are merely expanding INDIRECT_REF folding to occur during
> gimplification.  My guess would be that the fortran front end is doing
> something inappropriate with pointers, but it's hard to say without a
> testcase.
>
> Could someone on the fortran team take a look at this and/or point me at a
> testcase I can just feed to the compiler to see the problem?

Bad news.  The problem is still present in HEAD, ie., source from
3 hours ago.   Even worse news is cutting down the BLAS test
program can be a chore.  I'll see what I can do.

To be clear, gfortran works fine with -D '2005-02-12 22:30' sources,
which excludes the above commit.  The -D '2005-02-12 22:45' sources
include the above commit and gfortran has a serious regression.  You
reverted the entire commit, then re-applied what portion of the
commit?  ChangeLog does not reflect any of these manipulations
with any kind of accurate date.

--
Steve