RE: Accessing the subversion repository

> > > I should note that svn treats it's remote connections as
> > > disposable, so
> > > svn+ssh will probably connect more than once for things
> like remote
> > > diffs.  So if it takes a while to authenticate, this may
> not be your
> > > best bet if you are looking for blazing speed (as some
> seem to be :P).
> >
> > Isn't there some was of setting up a svnserve deamon or
> something? I'm sure
> > I read that somewhere, or maybe I just misunderstood
> something somewhere.
> > Anyway, I can live with it for the moment.
>
> This is the svnserve daemon (that's what svn:// and svn+ssh:// urls
> access). :)
> svnserve is the proprietary protocol like pserver.
> http uses DAV.

When accessing a server via ssh svn spawns an svnserve with the -t option,
does it not? I got the impression from somewhere that this could be made to
persist.

However, since svnserve clearly does persist when run as a local server (in
deamon mode, not inetd) it is clear where I could have gotten the wires
crossed.

It is possible to run a local server as a proxy for a remote server, in
order to limit the number of password requests?