Re: GCC 3.3.5: -march=i586 does not use all pentium FPU instructions

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 04:58:42PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

True, I should have been clearer.  I'm aware that "Pentium" (TM) != i586,
but for the OP's purposes -mtune=pentium and -mtune=i586 are the same.

Debating the difference between Pentium, pentium, i586 etc. is off-topic
and that is what I was drawing attention to - GCC doesn't distinguish so
the mail I replied to was unhelpful in making the distinction.

jon

--
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men -
 true nobility is being superior to your former self."