RE: mips g++ and __main?

Thanks a lot for Your answers.
Best regards Mile.

-----Original Message-----
From: James E Wilson [mailto:wilson@specifixinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 4:12 AM
To: mile.davidovic@micronasnit.com
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: mips g++ and __main?

Mile Davidovic wrote:
> I am using mips g++ compiler. I am wondering is it enaugh to call
> _init in crt0.S before jumping to main or I should call some __main
> function?

This initialization is very target dependent.  Since you didn't specify the
target, I can't give a definite answer.  Generally, you only need to call
one of them, which ever one is used by the target.  Generally, ELF targets
use _init, and old targets used __main, but there are exceptions.  You
probably should look at the libgloss directory of the newlib project on
sources.redhat.com which contains example working crt0.S files for a number
of embedded targets.