Re: a question about fix-header.c

Bruce Korb wrote:

> Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
> >
> > I would like to modify fix includes so that it adds the attribute
> > "pointer-no-escape" onto the function definition of free in stdlib.h
> > (and possibly some other fuctions as well).
> >
> > I am having trouble figuring  out how to do this.
> >
> > Dan Berlin said that you might be able to point me in the
> correct direction.

"correct direction" ??  Maybe I should have remembered the title,
instead of reading, "modify fix includes" too literally.
"fix-header.c" is a different program that is included in the
more-or-less same process as the "fixincl" program that I wrote.
For aesthetic reasons, it would be nice to incorporate its
functionality into the "fixincl" program.  I looked at doing that
a few years ago, but determined it was more effort than it
was worth (to me).  At this point, now that fixincludes is
a semi-autonomous installable project, it would be a good thing
to do.  Not today. Meanwhile, as far as "correct direction" is
concerned, I'd have to "read the source, Luke" to try to
re-understand what fix-header was doing.  Sorry.  :(

Regards, Bruce