Re: SPE configuration in GCC

Olivier Hainque wrote:
Stan Shebs wrote:

Any thoughts from the broader community?

All variants, please. Users want things to "just work", and that's easier to manage if they can just specify an option to choose their chip, rather than doing configure/make incantations, which is harder to get right for embedded.

Agreed.

 Would there be a strong rule as to what is/should-be selected as the default
 variant ?  Something like "What generates supported instructions in most
 cases", for instance (this is only a rough tentative formulation, obviously).

I'm not sure. I think that it might vary a lot by processor family.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC