Re: Serious performance regression -- some tree optimizer questions

>> Regarding our intended patch you can look at:
>>
>> - The overview of the algorithm:
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-06/msg00472.html
>>
>> - The RFC for the implementation:
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-09/msg00377.html
>
> Thanks for the pointers.  It does look that these patches
> address a completely different issue; they do not change

Right. The only single thing in common with Zdenek's latest
patch is that both patches address sign extension issues (but
not the same issues). Otherwise these patches are not related
and completely independent one from the other.
Sorry for not mentioning this in my previous message.

Mircea