Re: [gfortran] Calling conventions for assumed shaped arrays?

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, James E Wilson wrote:

> Richard Guenther wrote:
> > For interfacing with C/C++ code, where is the calling conventions
> > specified for assumed shaped arrays?  I.e. for
>
> What is an assumed shape array?  If C doesn't have this feature, then it
> may not be possible to accurately describe it in a C prototype.

In Fortran 90/95 an assumed shaped array is passed with information
about dimensionality, sizes and strides.  Some compilers do this by
passing an array descriptor instead of the actual array (like the
intel compiler), others may do different.  I specifically ask for
the gfortran behavior - though it is maybe appropriate to file
a bugreport for the missing documentation about this.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>