Re: how can I tell ada it's been moved around ?

On Jan 8, 2005, at 11:04 AM, Marc Espie wrote:

I'm trying to build a bootstrap archive for people who don't have root
rights, or don't want to install ada in /usr/local (possibly because
they already have a gcc there).

Well, gcc happily installs anywhere, and still works and find its libraries
without a hitch, but ada is a stumbling block.

Is there a magic env variable or switch that I am missing that would tell
ada `okay, your adalib and includes are actually there, don't look in
your configure directory' ?

First sorry for rating about this but the Ada front-end is no where as near complete as the rest of the compiler in a couple ways.

This should just work but it does not for some unknown reasons why
the Ada team has not fixed this is unknown to me. The Ada library
is not multlibed.  --program-prefix/suffix does not work, etc.

-- Pinski