Re: ACATS c380004

Hi Richard, thanks for replying.

On Friday 07 January 2005 15:39, Richard Kenner wrote:
>     ACATS c380004 fails with current CVS.  I ran it under valgrind, and got:
>
> Normally, it fails only on 64-bit machines.

This is 32 bit intel (linux).

> In any event, this is a known problem and relates to a rather pathalogical
> usage in that ACATS test.  A protest of the test failed, so at some point,
> the implementation of entry families will have to change to allow this obscure
> case.  But this isn't on anybody's high-priority list since it will never
> occur in real programs.
>
> If we had an XFAIL mechanism in ACATS, it should be applied to this test.

Well, the information from valgrind shows that bad code is being produced (eg:
silly arg (-2147483640) to malloc()).  So it looks like the compiler is doing
something worse than just not conforming to the RM.  But maybe I misunderstood
what you meant by a "known problem"?  By the way, gcc at the pre-ssa tag doesn't
fail this test, and valgrind doesn't show any problems for it.

All the best,

Duncan.