GCC 4.0 Status Report (2004-01-05)

We (well, RTH, and then the rest of us pikers) have now reduced the number of open regressions against GCC 4.0 to 151. Discounting things like the MMIX regressions gets that number down to more like 125. That's pretty good progress.

In fact, as of now I'll reopen the mainline for normal Stage 3 protocol; patches should fix bugs, but need not necessarily fix regressions.

I also intend to make another pass over the open regressions, and downgrade some of those that I think are really not in any way release-critical. I would hope that with another couple of weeks of fixes we'd hit the 100-regressions target, and be ready to branch.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC