Re: [i386] Why g++ _always_ link an executable with libm.so?

On Jan 4, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Denis Zaitsev wrote:

Ok, but do we force users to use libm every time libc is used?  No, we
don't.  Of course, we don't.  And I emphasised the word 'always':
not _every_ routine from libstdc++ need libm, but it always
required...

Then write a better collect2 which only links in the libraries which are needed and have it find the needed libraries without supplying the option to link the library (yes this is on the TODO page of gcc).

Also note on some targets like darwin, libm is included in libsystem (aka
libc) by default.

-- Pinski