Re: query reg. gcc

Paul,
First of all, thanks for the fast reply. What I feel is ,I can't use precompiled headers in my project. As i have a number of modules in our whole project, and each module has different header requirements. However with in a module , the headers required by all .cpp files are almost same.So in case I set aside few headers to be pre-compiled for whole project, it won't work. Also, second thing is i don't know about the which header files will be reqd. by each module in advance , without scanning the whole project, so i can't choose which headers to precompile.
Whereas if we can cache the header-file which is once loaded in to memory, then later if its reqd, we won't load it again, during the compilation of next .cpp file, it can be of help- in saving the compilation time of the next .cpp file. What you suggest? Can it be an additional functionality? Do we have something to support it right now in gcc ?
Paul Koning wrote:

Deepak,

Check out "precompiled headers" in GCC 3.4.  That should be just what
you were looking for.

paul