Re: -fdump-translation-unit considered harmful

Stefan Strasser <sstrasser@systemhaus-gruppe.de> writes:

> no matter if you should get rid of dump-translation-unit - I was
> talking about the different behaviour of the cp tree interface between
> versions.
> I'm not trying to read dump-translation-unit output, but you can see
> what I mean using it because it also uses the tree interface.
> so have there been any major changes to this interface lately or
> should it be reported as a bug when a function which is documented to
> return all decls of a namespace leaves out some?

I don't know what changed, but the internal interfaces *are* subject
to change without notice, and the C++ front end's data structures
*have* been revised extensively in the current development cycle.  You
should report bugs if the code and the comments describing the code
are inconsistent, but you should not expect functions that do one
thing in version X to do the same thing in version X+1.

Me ranting about -fdump-translation-unit had nothing to do with your
problem, really, it's just that your message reminded me that I was
going to bring that up.

zw