Re: [gpc] GCC integration?

Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> What about a gcc3-mainline? Development starting from 3.4
> and heading towards 3.5, until gpc is mainline-ready and
> etoh-san has redesigned SSP for working with tree-ssa?

I think this would be a double bad idea:

1) It would be very bad to have a GCC labeled 3.5. This would just
create the same (or even worse) confusion as when Redhat created their
GCC 2.96

2) I think doing major GPC integration work now based on GCC 3.x is
just a waste of resources and will keep GPC exactly where it is now,
e.g. always one or two versions behind GCC. The only way once and for
all get rid of this running behind is start working based on a *future*
version of GCC now so that once the integration is finished, you have a
current GCC version of GPC integrated.

--
Marcel Cox