Re: C++ ABI and ILP64

"Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer" <markus@oberhumer.com> writes:
> Currently MIPS (with the -mint64 option) is the only official gcc ILP64
> target,

I'm not sure from your message whether you're actually interested
in MIPS or not, but for the record:

I don't think MIPS/-mint64 is really an official target.  There's no
well-defined MIPS ABI that uses 64-bit integers and it's unclear whether
anyone thought through the consequences of taking an official ABI and
slapping a 64-bit int onto it.  (I'm talking about the impact on gcc
internals as well as user expectations here.)

FWIW, EricC and I were wondering about phasing it out...

Richard