Re: How to generate the LIBGCC.A for mc68000

"Pascal Chaperon" <pascal.chaperon@prescom.fr> writes:

> The trouble is, when I try to use this compiler with option -m68000 to
> compile my Linux kernel ( witch has been modified to support the m68k
> architecture without MMU), the compiler generate some implicit calls to
> simulate
> arithmetics operations ( witch are not supported by the mc68000 ).
> And those functions are not included in the libgcc.a as they are supposed to
> be ( I found this information on a forum).
>
> What did I do that was not correct or did I miss in installing my GCC
> compiler ?
>
> Here is the list of unreferenced functions :
> __udivsi3
> __umodsi3
> __divsi3
> __modsi3
> __mulsi3

I don't know why it didn't work for you, but I can tell you what you
need.

Versions of these functions may be found in the file lb1sf68.asm in
the directory gcc/config/m68k.  To get the compiler to compile them
for you, you need to use a t-XXX file along the lines of t-m68kelf.
The relevant variables here are LIB1ASMSRC and LIB1ASMFUNCS.  For
floating point support you will want the LIB2FUNCS_EXTRA variable and
the fpgnulib.c and xfgnulib.c targets.

Ian