Re: Revised release criteria for GCC 4.0

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> We also have a GDB simulator for the AVR, but I'm afraid nobody ever
> tried running the Dejagnu testsuite with it.

I don't see an avr simulator in src/sim.  I do see a m68hc11
simulator.  For this reason *only*, I'd prefer that any
few-bits-arch attention be covered by the m68hc11 port
(or hc12 if you prefer).

The presence of a turn-key simulator as per simtest-howto.html
makes it *immensely* more simple for others than hardware
holders to regression-test their GCC changes, verify bugs and
fix them.  So all the shouting from AVR enthusiasts is suggested
be better spent getting an AVR simulator and a newlib port in
the tree.

brgds, H-P