crosscompiling gcc 3.4.3 from x86/linux to ppc604/vxworks5.4

Helo,
I'm currently in the mess of crosscompiling gcc to the powerpc-wrs-
vxworks target.
After somes compilation steps I got an xgcc that can produce target
object file.
The compilation process try to go forward but fail compiling libgcc
because of gcov using a function that is not defined in vxworks includes
(open with only 2 args)
My first question is as I can download any object file to the target and
load it (with vxworks ld) do I really need libgcc ?
Doesn't vxworks provide the same functionnality ?
And finaly how to complete the build process if libgcc isn't required ?

regards,

Jean-François