Re: Test failure in libgcj on mainline

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:41:23 -0500 (EST), John David Anglin
<dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> wrote:
> > Thanks John. However, I now see:
> >
> > Running /extra/src/gcc/gcc-20041127/libjava/testsuite/libjava.cni/cni.exp
> > ERROR: (DejaGnu) proc "set_ld_library_path_env_vars" does not exist.
>
> I'm puzzled by this one.  I didn't see it in my last build on i686-linux
> or hppa-linux:
>
>   <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-11/msg01204.html>
>   <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-11/msg01205.html>.
>
> The proc "set_ld_library_path_env_vars" is in
> gcc/gcc/testsuite/lib/target-libpath.exp.  This file is loaded by
> libjava.exp.  This is done using the same proc as other libraries
> use to load files in the gcc testsuite directory.  This depends
> on the setting of srcdir in the libjava testsuite Makefile.

This turned out to be my bad - due to disc space constraints on my home
PC, I normally create a snapshot of the GCC CVS sources containing
just enough files to help me compile c,c++,java on i686-pc-linux-gnu and
run the Java testsuite.

Till now, I used to get away with not copying "gcc/testsuite" as I was
only interested in the libjava testsuite. I have now modified the script
to copy over the "lib" and "config" folders of this folder and everything
is back on track.

Sorry for the noise,
Ranjit.