Re: Mainline in regression-fix mode after Thanksgiving

Mark Mitchell wrote:

I realize that people are agressively using the compiler, and that
bugs reported is partially a function of the amount of use.  I also
understand that with all the changes we've got in this release, there
are bound to be some problems.  However, I think that we've got to
take steps to get things in hand.

Note that the Fortran list (both fortran and libfortran) contain "regressions" of gfortran vs. g77. Because these are completely separate front ends, these are not really regressions, but extensions to Fortran 77 that g77 supports that gfortran does not (yet).

As we assume that distributors will provide both gfortran and (in a separate directory) g77, these "regressions" do not really count.

Hope this helps,

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/