Re: Mainline in regression-fix mode after Thanksgiving

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 07:22:04PM +0100, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> As I said, bugmasters already find out the offending patch for most
> regressions, so the question here is whether we want to auto-assign them or
> not. If people thinks this is a SC decision, then I would like to request an
> official SC statement on this. Otherwise, we are waiting for a maintainer to
> step in and say that he does not like to have regressions auto-assigned to
> him and why.

If there is no objection to auto-assignment by anyone who is likely to
get bugs auto-assigned to him/her (that is, from a heavy-duty contributor),
I think the bugmasters should be free to do what they want without the
SC butting in (even though I raised a concern before).