Re: OpenMP licensing problem: a solution

On Nov 23, 2004, at 4:47 PM, Daniel Berlin wrote:
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Mike Stump wrote:
In this case, what you've said isn't necessarily or even usually true.

I wasn't giving general advice of what we might be able to get away with or what the law might allow for, but rather, a very conservative view that hopefully doesn't fail to be conservative to keep us and them happy.

In my opinion, if one wants to do fun things with the law, one needs to be the FSF lawyer; we can only do what is trivially obvious. To me that would be, reimplementation of any part that might be protected by copyright, or assignment; beyond that, and I think we need to involve the SC or rms or the FSF lawyer.