Remove ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/index.html ?

Hi,

this is a proposal to remove the file
ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/index.html
from our FTP-server.

This file is terribly inconsistent:

* All releases of new branches are mentioned, but only some of the
  older ones.
* For older branches, .tar.bz2 and .tar.gz archives are listed,
  for newer branches only the .tar.bz2 archives.
* 3.0.4 is splitted in all sub-packages, all other releases only list
  the complete archive.
* The text reads "Full distributions and updates to full distribution",
  but no diffs are listed.
* "Last modified" is wrong etc.

This file seems to be prone to bitrot and does not provide any
information that one cannot obtain as easily by looking at the
directory listing ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/ itself
(and entering the directory for a specific release).

In case we want to remove it, I'll prepare a patch to remove
the instruction to update the file from releasing.html .
Are there any more links pointing to releases/index.html ?

Regards,
Volker