Re: Mainline in regression-fix mode after Thanksgiving

Diego Novillo wrote:
On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 20:15 -0500, Kazu Hirata wrote:

Are compile-time regressions considered to be regressions?  I am
guessing the answer is "no" to be on the safe side.

I certainly hope they are. Several PRs are of this nature and compile time problems are among the #1 complaints I've heard about mainline.

Yes, compile-time regressions are OK -- but let's be circumspect. For example, Nathan's bitmap patches are probably more aggressive than I'd like after this goes into effect. Things that are less far-reaching and have less associated murkyness would be better.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC