Re: Is ObjC++ still in time for 4.0?

On 19. Nov 2004, at 01:37 Uhr, Ziemowit Laski wrote:
Zem is asking me to design his frontend's data structures for him.  I
don't have time to do that right now, and Zem hasn't done the design
work himself, so we're waiting.
Since Geoff has objected to every design proposal I made, then naturally
I was (and am) expecting a constructive alternative.

So the situation seems to be that you have proposed designs which were rejected by Geoff, probably because they were either considered incomplete or unacceptable.
Obviously you can't expect an alternative from him (does he work for you or Apple?), as he mentions he has the time to review stuff for inclusion but not to propose designs.

The question for me is how we can resolve the situation to get forward. Is there any other GCC maintainer besides Geoff who has the authority to review your proposals for inclusion and to mediate between you two?
In case a theoretical "other" also rejects your proposals, can we find someone who can come up constructive alternatives people can agree on?

Or maybe Apple can consult (aka pay) Geoff to come up with a "constructive alternative"?

It would be disappointing if the work on ObjC++ would fail even though there is someone willing to work on the implementation. We are waiting _so long_ for that feature ...

best regards,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/