This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --enable-intermodule bootstrap
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:08:30 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: --enable-intermodule bootstrap
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2004, at 9:15 AM, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > Hi!
> > Anyone tried --enable-intermodule bootstrap recently? My
> > bootstrap is still doing stage1 libbackend, now for over an
> > hour (regular bootstrap completes in less than half an hour).
> > Is this known and as such not recommended to do intermodule
> > bootstraps (they are undocumented, after all)?
> > Or will this eventually be addressed?
> Yes this is normal as we check the prototypes across the
> translational unit. I posted a patch to speed it up but
> it has not been approved yet.
> Patch here: <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-10/msg01479.html>.
Works like a charm - you should ping the patch in question, it for sure
got lost by now.
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>