Re: New development branch: ia64-fp-model-branch

> > > Implementation of #pragma _USE_SF will definitely require front-end
> > > changes, as GCC currently has no support for lexically-scoped #pragma.
> > > (This feature is desirable for C99 and OpenMP support as well.)

This is slightly different from OpenMP, where all the lowering is done
way before the backend are reached.

No, Zack is right, it's exactly the same problem. We don't have support for lexically scoped #pragmas right now, and we do need to propagate this
knowledge through the front end.

I agree that from the front-end perspective this is the same. But his project has added complexity, because gomp would localize everything into a lowering pass: he wrote

> > Assuming some mechanism for propagating the information all the way
> > through the tree optimizers, the backend needs only check the state of
> > the #pragma in expanders and choose the appropriate pattern.

No such propagation mechanism is needed for gomp.

Hail to the new parser.

Yeah! :-)

Paolo